The U.S. Consulate General in Morocco is responsible for providing visa services to those seeking to enter the United States for a temporary period and for those wishing to take up indefinite or permanent residence in the United States.
For questions about the application process, including cancelling or rescheduling an appointment, or adding a family member to an appointment, contact the Call Center:
- In Morocco: +212 520 48-50-13
- From the US: 1-703-520-2245
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for general nonimmigrant visa inquiries
- Email: Casablancaexpedite@state.gov for U.S. Government Funded J-1 Visas, G-5 and A-3 Visas appointment requests
- Web Page: http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ma/index.html
Call Center hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., except on U.S. and Moroccan holidays.
Visiting the Embassy or Consulate
Security Procedures and Prohibited Items
You will pass through several security checks. To speed up the process, we encourage you to limit the amount of jewelry and metal items you bring with you.
You may not bring electronic devices into the U.S. Consulate. These include cell phones, audio and video players, laptops, pagers, MP3 players and portable gaming devices. The U.S. Consulate has a small number of storage lockers at the front entrance that may accommodate the storage of mobile-phones and small mobile-phone-sized electronics only. The Consulate cannot store large electronics such as laptops, tablets, iPads, etc. The U.S. Consulate will not be responsible for lost items
The following items are prohibited, and trying to enter the U.S. Consulate with any of them may result in the loss of your appointment:
- Weapons, including items that may be confused for weapons, and replicas of weapons including firearms, knives, pepper spray, explosives, metal razors, nail clippers, and scissors.
- Lighters or other accelerants.
- Large bags (small bags that can be carried by hand are permitted).
- Liquids and food items, including perfumes, gels and aerosols.
- Sealed envelopes or packages.
These lists are not exhaustive. Other items may be prohibited at the discretion of security staff. There is no facility at the U.S. Consulate to store prohibited items. You must make arrangements to store these items before entering.