Fiancé(e) Visa

The fiancé(e) K-1 nonimmigrant visa is for the foreign-citizen fiancé(e) of a U.S. citizen. The K-1 visa permits the foreign-citizen fiancé(e) to travel to the United States and marry his or her U.S. citizen sponsor within 90 days of arrival. You can learn more about fiancé(e) visas on

To establish eligibility for an alien fiancé visa, a U.S. citizen must file Form I-129F, Petition for an Alien Fiancé, with the Department of Homeland Security’s (DHS) Service Center having jurisdiction over the place of the petitioner’s residence in the United States. The approved petition will be forwarded by the Department of Homeland Security’s United States Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) to the U.S. Consulate General in Casablanca, where the fiancé will apply for his or her visa.  Approval of the petition does not guarantee the issuance of a visa.  Applicants will be interviewed and asked about their relationship by a consular officer.

Petitioners and applicants should note that a petition is valid for a period of four months from the date of USCIS action but may be revalidated by the consular officer.

If you wish to withdraw the petition before a K-1 visa is actually issued, you should make a written request to the U.S. Consulate General and USCIS.

Once the visa is issued, your fiancé must enter the U.S. within six months. After entering the U.S., you and your fiancé must marry within three months and report the marriage to the nearest CIS office in order to obtain permanent/conditional resident status for your new spouse.

If you decide not to marry, your fiancé must depart the U.S. within the three-month period.

Please note that once a K visa petition is approved by USCIS, the file will be sent to the U.S. Consulate in Casablanca and we will contact the beneficiary of the petition directly to schedule an interview date.