Due to the high volume of K-1/K3 applications we process, we are unable to set up provisional cases before we receive the I-129 petition from DHS.

Once we receive your petition, we will send you a packet of instructions.

No. Fiancée visa and K3 processing begins only when we receive your petition. Our office will not be able to answer questions about your case or take any action until the original petition is received from the DHS.

We normally receive fiancée visa petitions between two to six months after DHS has approved them.

If you have already received our instruction packet, please contact us immediately. Please provide us with a letter from your doctor confirming your pregnancy and due date. We will try to expedite your application if possible.

Please send us your written request for a new appointment by mail or email. Please include your mailing address and telephone number in your request. We will send you a new appointment date as soon as possible.

If you get married, your K-1 petition will no longer be valid. Your spouse will need to file a different petition, Form I-130, with the DHS.

K-1/K3 petitioners should prepare the I-134 Affidavit of Support, which they can get from their local DHS office or on the DHS website, http://www.uscis.gov

The K-1/K3 visa petition has become more popular as a means of immigrating to the United States. In 2002, we processed approximately 1,400 K-1/K3 visas. However, the Immigrant Visa Unit workload overall has recently increased tremendously. At the same time, serious fraud problems have slowed down processing for everyone. Due to these issues, most K-1/K3 applicants must wait several months to be scheduled for an interview after the Consulate receives their petition.

If it has been three to four months after DHS has approved your petition and your fiancée has still not received an instruction packet, you should contact the Consulate or the original DHS office where the petition was approved. You can contact the Immigrant Visa Unit at ivcasablanca@state.gov.

Consular officers have the authority to extend the validity of petitions that have expired. Because many petitions often expire before an applicant can be interviewed, officers at the Consulate routinely extend the validity of K-1/K3 petitions.

Without the following we WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PROCESS the applicant’s case.  The applicant should bring the following ORIGINAL documents:

  • Forms in the appointment packet
  • Moroccan passport
  • Two visa photos attached to forms DS-156
  • Birth certificate
  • Marital status certificate.  Married persons are required to present a certified copy of their marriage certificate. Proof of the termination of any previous marriage must also be submitted (death certificate of spouse, final decrees of divorce or annulment)
  • Police certificates are required from each visa applicant aged 16 or over.  Police certificates are also required from all other countries where the applicant has resided for at least one year.
  • Affidavit of Support – I-134 and a copy of the most recent year tax returns from the petitioner.
  • Relationship evidence, such as correspondence and photos taken together to prove the claimed relationship to the petitioner

Translations: All documents not in English must be accompanied by certified English translation

To immigrate to the United States, you must be the beneficiary of a petition filed on your behalf by a relative who is living in the United States.  Additionally, you may enter the diversity visa lottery program, and provided that you are selected and meet the requirements, you can immigrate to the United States.

Most immigrant petitions must be filed in the United States. The consulate does accept petitions for spouses and parents of American citizens only, but the consulate is not permitted to approve all such petitions.  Therefore, it is recommended that you submit your petition in the United States.

Generally, the consulate receives notice after the petition has been approved by the BCIS.  Once the consulate receives the approval notice, we will contact the petitioner and beneficiary.  The process will take anywhere from three to six months.

US citizens must file the I-129 form with the bureau of citizenship and immigration services (BCIS) office having jurisdiction over their place of residence.  Fiancé visa petitions can only be filed within the United States.

A your spouse and/or child will be eligible for a visa three years after you have filed a petition on their behalf.

You must pay the fee prior to departing for the United States. USCIS will not issue your green card until USCIS receives payment. However, even if you have not paid the fee, U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers will admit you, as long as you are otherwise eligible to enter.

No. Only applicants issued visas on or after February 1, 2013 will pay the new fee.  The U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officers at the airport or land border will review immigration records to determine when your immigrant visa was issued.  If the visa was issued on or after February 1, 2013 but the fee was not paid, the Immigrant Visa package will be collected at the point of entry, but USCIS will not issue a green card until the $165.00 fee is paid.

All applicants issued immigrant visas (including Diversity Visas), except children adopted under the Orphan (IR-3/IR-4) or Hague Processes (IH-3/IH-4), Iraqi and Afghan special immigrants who were employed by the U.S. Government, returning residents (SB-1s), and K visas, will pay the new fee.

You will pay the fee by going to www.USCIS.gov/ImmigrantFee, clicking on the link to the USCIS intake page on Pay.gov, answering the questions on the USCIS intake page, and providing your checking account, debit, or credit card information.  Because checking payments must be drawn on a U.S. bank, someone else may pay the USCIS Immigrant Fee on your behalf.