December 20, 2018
Location: Morocco, countrywide
Event: In light of the recent killings of two Scandinavian tourists in a rural region near Imlil, Morocco, the U.S. Mission advises U.S. citizen travelers to exercise increased caution at this time. Media reports state that Moroccan authorities have temporarily restricted access to the area.
Actions to take:
- Exercise additional vigilance, especially in isolated or rural areas.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Keep a low profile.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- The U.S. Embassy in Rabat
- U.S. Consulate General in Casablanca
0661-13-19-39 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 or 1- 202-501-4444
- Morocco Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook