Location: Jerada, Morocco
Event: Media reports that numerous demonstrations and protests continue to occur in Jerada on a regular basis and there have been reports of confrontations between security forces and demonstrators. These protests are not directed at the U.S. government nor individual Americans. However, even demonstrations intended to be peaceful can turn confrontational and escalate into violence. As a result of the ongoing demonstrations and resulting security operations in the area, the U.S. Mission has recommended its personnel avoid travel to the region and use extreme caution when traveling along R607 and N17 in the vicinity of Jerada until further notice.
Actions to take
- Avoid the Jerada region
- Avoid public demonstrations and protests
- Keep a low profile
- Be aware of your surroundings
- The U.S. Embassy in Rabat
- U.S. Consulate General in Casablanca
0661-13-19-39 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 or 1- 202-501-4444
- Morocco Country Specific Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.