Location: Casablanca, Morocco – Mohammed V Stadium
Event: A Soccer match between popular Casablanca teams Raja and Wydad will take place at Casablanca’s Mohammed V stadium on Saturday, April 14 at 4:00 pm. A massive turnout of fans is expected to attend this match. Large crowds and heavy traffic as well as street closures could result in significant congestion and delays in the area. In the past surrounding similar games, fans of these teams engaged in unruly behavior. Many stores, restaurants, and cafés in the area around Mohammed V stadium will be closed due to the potential for violence. U.S. Mission has instructed its personnel to avoid the area around Mohammed V stadium, the Arab League Park tram stop, and roads in-between.
Actions to take:
- Avoid the Mohamed V stadium area.
- Please keep this event in mind when planning your travel around the city.
- Keep a low profile.
- Be Aware of your surroundings.
- The U.S. Embassy in Rabat
- U.S. Consulate General in Casablanca
0661-13-19-39 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 or 1- 202-501-4444
- Morocco Country Specific Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.