We are monitoring the recent earthquake response in Morocco closely and are in touch with local authorities. Please exercise caution in case of aftershocks. U.S. citizens in Morocco in need of emergency assistance may contact the U.S. Embassy by phone at 05-37-63-72-00 (dialing from Morocco) or +212-537-63-72-00 (dialing from outside Morocco), or email: ACSCasablanca@state.gov .
Actions to Take:
- If you have an immediate or life-threatening emergency, please call 15 (from a landline) or 150 (from cellular) for fire or ambulance. For police, please call 19 (from a landline) or 190 (from cellular).
- Local hospitals and resources in the most affected areas may become strained. Any U.S. citizens in the affected area in need of immediate emergency services should contact local authorities.
- Avoid affected areas and follow police instructions regarding road closures or traffic disruptions.
- Airports and local transportation are open and functioning. Please contact airlines directly regarding possible delays or rescheduling. U.S. citizens who wish to depart should continue to use local transportation options.
- Hospitals in Marrakech and major cities are currently open but have limited capacity. If you require medical assistance, please go to the nearest hospital. For more information about hospitals in your area you may wish to consult https://ma.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/local-resources-of-u-s-citizens/doctors/
- For more information about sending money to family or friends in Morocco, please visit the following link: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/emergencies/emergency-financial-assistance.html
- We strongly encourage U.S. citizens in affected areas who are safe to monitor local news and to contact their loved ones directly and/or update their status on social media.
- U.S. citizens should follow the emergency instructions provided by local authorities and enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) at to receive important emergency information from the U.S. Department of State.
U.S. Embassy in Rabat
U.S. Consulate General in Casablanca
State Department – Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444