Location: Morocco, countrywide
Event: During the holiday season, security measures around the world remain heightened due to ongoing threats posed by transnational terrorist organizations and individuals inspired by violent extremist ideology. Potential targets for terrorist activity include tourist locations, shopping malls, airports, clubs, restaurants, places of worship, schools, hotels, movie theaters, transportation hubs, and public areas. For information on safety and security in Morocco, please see our Country Information Page: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/International-Travel-Country-Information-Pages/Morocco.html .
Actions to take:
* Exercise vigilance at holiday festivals and events, places of worship, and locations with large crowds.
* Keep a low profile.
* Stay alert in locations frequented by tourists/Westerners.
* Review your personal security plans.
* Be aware of your surroundings.
* The U.S. Embassy in Rabat
* U.S. Consulate General in Casablanca
0661-13-19-39 (after hours)
* State Department – Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 or 1- 202-501-4444
* Morocco Country Information Page
* Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)