Exercise your right to vote!
Voting is a constitutional right that American citizens eighteen years and older can freely exercise. All U.S. citizens living abroad are encouraged to exercise this right to vote.
The U.S. General Election will take place on November 3, 2020, and the deadline to submit your ballot through the U.S. Consulate General in Casablanca is Tuesday, October 6, 2020.
To obtain detailed information about the voting process and complete your Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) or your Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot, please visit http://www.fvap.gov.
Voting is easier than you may think! Please follow three easy steps below to ensure your vote is counted in a timely fashion.
- Register and request an absentee ballot with FPCA: Most states require voter registration every year. Select your state from the drop-down menu on the Federal Voting Assistance Program (FVAP) website to learn about eligibility requirements. To vote absentee, you must complete the FPCA using the fillable PDF. It is important to remember that your voting residence address listed on the FPCA must be an address in the United States. Placing an overseas address in Section 2 of the form may disqualify you.
- Fill out your ballot when it arrives. When your ballot arrives electronically or via courier mail, fill it out according to the enclosed directions.
- Send in your ballot: Some, but not all, states allow you to return your completed ballot electronically. If your state requires you to return paper voting forms or ballots to local election officials by mail, you can do so through international mail, professional courier service, or through the U.S. Consulate General in Casablanca (see below for more details on this option). Be sure to choose a mailing method that will permit your completed ballot to be received by your state’s deadline.
We can help! The U.S. Consulate General in Casablanca can help mail your ballot back to the United States.
- Ballots can be dropped off at the American Citizen Services Unit on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. on a walk-in basis. You do not need an appointment to drop off your ballot.
- For security reasons, please do not seal the envelope until you are inside the Consular section.
- Ballots must be addressed to local election offices and placed in postage-paid return envelopes or in envelopes bearing sufficient U.S. domestic postage so they may be delivered to the proper local election authorities. Postage from Morocco to the United States is not required using this method.
- Please note that it can take up to four weeks for your ballot to reach its destination if sent through the Consulate. Therefore, the deadline to submit your ballots to the U.S. Consulate General is Tuesday, October 6, 2020. If you miss this deadline, U.S. citizens still have the option to send the ballot via international courier services such as DHL or FedEx.
For more information, you can consult the Voting Assistance Guide on-line at https://www.fvap.gov/vao/vag or contact our voting team at the Consulate General by email at ACSCasablanca@state.gov.