Location: Morocco, countrywide
Event: The Department of State has advised U.S. citizens to reconsider travel abroad due to the global impact of COVID-19. For more information, see the Department’s Global Health Advisory.
To contain the spread of COVID-19, the Government of Morocco has cancelled most flights between Morocco and European cities. Morocco has suspended all flights to Algeria, Belgium, China, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Portugal, and Spain. Passenger ferry services are also suspended. In addition, the land borders with Ceuta and Melilla are closed.
Travelers should be prepared for additional travel restrictions to be put into effect with little or no advance notice. U.S. citizens expecting to return soon to the United States are strongly advised to consult their airline as soon as possible for alternate routes home.
Actions to Take:
- Check with your airlines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Morocco.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- The U.S. Embassy in Rabat
- U.S. Consulate General in Casablanca
0661-13-19-39 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 or 1- 202-501-4444
- Morocco Country Information Page
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)