The Government of Morocco has announced additional restrictions aimed at stopping the spread of COVID-19. The measures will take effect on Wednesday, December 23 and will remain in place for three weeks.
The new measures include the following:
- A nationwide curfew between the hours of 9:00 pm and 6:00 am;
- A daily closing time for restaurants, cafes, shops, and supermarkets of 8:00 pm;
- The closure of all restaurants and cafes in Agadir, Casablanca, Marrakech, and Tangier; and,
- A ban on all public and private gatherings and parties.
As a reminder, authorities may put into place additional restrictions with little notice. Those needing to bypass curfew hours should seek a signed exceptional movement permit from local authorities. U.S. citizens should monitor social media and local press reports for more information.
The U.S. Consulate General in Casablanca continues to monitor the rapidly changing conditions due to COVID-19 in Morocco and in other locations worldwide. The most current information regarding the impact of COVID-19 may be found at our COVID Information Page.
- The U.S. Embassy in Rabat
- U.S. Consulate General in Casablanca
0661-13-19-39 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 or 1- 202-501-4444
- Morocco Country Information Page
- Morocco COVID-19 Page
- Morocco Travel Advisory