Please review the following instructions regarding security procedures to facilitate your consular appointment.
You will pass through several security checks. To speed up the process, we encourage you to limit the amount of jewelry and metal items you bring with you.
You may not bring electronic devices into the U.S. Consulate. These include cell phones, audio and video players, laptops, pagers, MP3 players and portable gaming devices. The U.S. Consulate provides cubbies at the front entrance for the storage of electronic devices. The U.S. Consulate will not be responsible for lost items.
The following items are prohibited, and trying to enter the U.S. Consulate with any of them may result in the loss of your appointment:
- Weapons, including items that may be confused for weapons, and replicas of weapons including firearms, knives, pepper spray, explosives, metal razors, nail clippers, and scissors.
- Lighters or other accelerants.
- Large bags(small bags that can be carried by hand are permitted).
- Liquids and food items, including perfumes, gels and aerosols.
- Sealed envelopes or packages.
These lists are not exhaustive. Other items may be prohibited at the discretion of security staff. There is no facility at the U.S. Consulate to store prohibited items. You must make arrangements to store these items before entering.