Location: Announced cities include, but may not be limited to, Casablanca, Marrakech, Oujda, Rabat, and Tangiers.
Event: Demonstrations against vaccine passes are being planned for 4:00 pm on Sunday, October 31. As the demonstrations are not approved by the Government of Morocco, there is a heightened chance of public disturbances.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the area of the demonstrations or any large gatherings.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of protests.
- Avoid taking photographs of protestors or police without permission.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Keep a low profile.
- The U.S. Embassy in Rabat
- U.S. Consulate General in Casablanca
0661-13-19-39 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 or 1- 202-501-4444
- Morocco Country Information Page
- Morocco Travel Advisory
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)