April 6, 2021
Event: There is a large demonstration taking place now in the vicinity of Bab al Had Square in Rabat. Law enforcement is directing the crowd south on Avenue Hassan II. Expect traffic congestion in the surrounding area. The situation could become unsettled with little notice, so U.S. Embassy employees have been advised to avoid the area.
Actions to take:
- Avoid the area.
- Avoid crowds.
- Avoid demonstrations and any large gatherings of people.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- The U.S. Embassy in Rabat
- U.S. Consulate General in Casablanca
0661-13-19-39 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 or 1- 202-501-4444
- Morocco Country Information Page
- Morocco Travel Advisory
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)