Last updated: 1/2023
The CDC’s Order requiring proof of vaccination for non-U.S. citizen nonimmigrants to travel to the United States is still in effect. For more information see Requirement for Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination for Air Passengers.
Starting at 12:01 AM ET on January 5, all air passengers two years and older traveling to the United States originating from the Peoples Republic of China (PRC) will be required to get a test (such as a PCR test or an antigen self-test administered and monitored by a telehealth service or a licensed provider and authorized by the Food and Drug Administration or the relevant national authority) no more than two days before their departure from the PRC, Hong Kong, or Macau, and show a negative test result to the airline upon departure. Click here for additional information from the Centers for Disease Control.
Check the CDC website for additional information and Frequently Asked Questions.
Entry and Exit Requirements
- Are there COVID-related entry requirements for U.S. citizens? Yes
- Moroccan authorities lifted COVID-related travel restrictions on September 30, 2022. Passengers must only complete the Public Health Passenger Form and present it upon arrival. Passports must also have at least six months of validity at time of entry.
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs for the Kingdom of Morocco announced on December 31, 2022, that starting January 3, 2023 all travelers coming from the People’s Republic of China (PRC), regardless of their nationality, are barred from entering Moroccan territory due to the worsening COVID-19 pandemic in PRC.
- Is a negative COVID-19 test (PCR and/or serology) required for entry? No
- Are health screening procedures in place at airports and other ports of entry? No
- Are U.S. citizens required to quarantine? No
- Are PCR and/or antigen tests available for U.S. citizens in Morocco? Testing is available in major cities throughout Morocco. The cost for a PCR test is typically around 400 Dirhams, though same-day test results may cost extra. Testing is paid for by the traveler. Test results are typically available within 24 hours and can be picked up in person at the lab or emailed to the traveler., text message, physical copy) of test results. To find a COVID-19 testing lab near you, you can search for a lab using your smartphone/computer, ask your hotel or tour operator, or contact the Moroccan Ministry of Health’s hotline at +212 (0)8-01-00-47-47. Assistance is available in English, French or Arabic. Many labs are closed on Sundays.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information:
- Are vaccines available in Morocco for U.S. citizens to receive? It depends. Citizens of the United States who are residents of Morocco may receive the vaccine under the national vaccination protocol.
- For information on getting vaccinated in Morocco, please contact the COVID-19 Vaccination Hotline, “Allo Liqah,” at 08-00-00-01-47 (French and Arabic) or visit their website at https://liqahcorona.ma/fr.
- Visit the FDA’s website to learn more about FDA-approved vaccines in the United States.
- Other links:
- CDC page on COVID-19
- COVID-19 Traveler Information page on travel.state.gov
- S. Embassy Ankara COVID-19 Information
- S. Embassy Lisbon COVID-19 Information
- S. Embassy London COVID-19 Information
- S. Embassy Madrid COVID-19 Information
- S. Embassy Paris COVID-19 Information
- S. Embassy Rome COVID-19 Information
- Is a curfew in place? No
- Are there restrictions on intercity or interstate travel? No