Location: Oulad Ziane Boulevard – main route from Casablanca city center to the A1 highway to Rabat.
Event: Recent police activity has been reported in the area of Oulad Ziane Boulevard, a main route from Casablanca city center to the A1 highway to Rabat. This activity has included clashes between the police and irregular migrants in the area. Information on social media shows that these incidents have become violent at times, including the throwing of rocks and the disruption of traffic.
At this time, we are aware that there may be a heavy police presence in the area, and while there is not an ongoing situation, the conditions exist for future incidents to occur. U.S. citizens are reminded to avoid areas of heavy police activity and exercise caution when in the vicinty of such activity or large gatherings.
Actions to take:
- Avoid large crowds, gatherings, and areas of heavy police presence.
- Please keep this event in mind when planning your travel around the city.
- Keep a low profile.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- U.S. Embassy in Rabat
- U.S. Consulate General in Casablanca
0661-13-19-39 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 or 1-202-501-4444
- Morocco Country Information Page
- Morocco COVID-19 Page
- Morocco Travel Advisory