December 13, 2018
Location: Morocco, countrywide
Event: During the holiday travel season, transnational terrorist organizations and individuals inspired by extremist ideology pose an ongoing threat throughout the region. Extremists may focus on tourist locations such as resorts, public markets, shopping malls, airports, clubs, restaurants, places of worship, transportation hubs, schools, and government facilities.
Actions to take:
- Exercise additional vigilance at locations with large crowds, tourist attractions, places of worship, and areas where large numbers of expatriates congregate.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Keep a low profile.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- The U.S. Embassy in Rabat
- U.S. Consulate General in Casablanca
0661-13-19-39 (after hours)
- State Department – Consular Affairs
1-888-407-4747 or 1- 202-501-4444
- Morocco Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook