Program dates are June and July 2018 – specific dates will come soon.
The application deadline is Sunday, December 3, 2017. No late applications will be accepted.
The U.S. Embassy in Morocco is pleased to announce the call for applications for the 2018 Study of the U.S. Institute for Student Leaders on Social Entrepreneurship.
The Study of the U.S. Institute (SUSI) for Student Leaders on Social Entrepreneurship is an intensive short-term academic program whose purpose is to provide groups of undergraduate student leaders with a deeper understanding of the United States while simultaneously enhancing their leadership skills. The five-week Institute will consist of a balanced series of seminar discussions, readings, group presentations, and lectures. The coursework and classroom activities will be complemented by educational travel, site visits, leadership activities, and volunteer opportunities within the local community. The Institute will include an academic residency component of approximately four weeks and a domestic study tour of approximately one week. During the academic residency, participants will also have the opportunity to engage in educational and cultural activities outside of the classroom.
The four-week academic residency will focus on the development, history, challenges, and successes of social enterprises and community leaders, in the United States and globally. Participants will discuss topics such as microfinance; organizational development and management; grant writing; innovation; emerging markets and risk analysis; strategic business planning; corporate social responsibility; and, women and minorities in entrepreneurship. Students will also have the opportunity to leave the classroom to meet with community leaders, entrepreneurs, and representatives of non-profit organizations. The academic residency will be complemented by an educational study tour that will take participants to another area of the U.S. where they will meet with local, state, private, and nonprofit organizations working in the field. The Institute will then conclude with a three-day program in Washington, D.C.
All participant costs, including program administration, international and domestic travel and ground transportation, book, cultural, mailing and incidental allowances, housing and subsistence will be paid by the U.S. Department of State.
Candidate Description and Qualifications
Applicants for this exchange program are expected to be highly motivated, 1<sup>st</sup> through 3<sup>rd</sup> year of undergraduate studies from universities, or other schools and institutions of higher education in Morocco. Applicants should be able to demonstrate leadership through their academic work, community involvement, extracurricular activities and interest in Social Entrepreneurship, with little or no prior experience in the United States or elsewhere outside of Morocco. The fields of study will b varied and may include the sciences, social sciences, humanities, education, business, and other prfessional fields.
This program is open to all Moroccan applicants who meet the following criteria:
- be between 18 and 25 years of age;
- be proficient in English (TOEFL score is NOT required);
- have a sustained high level of academic achievement, as indicated by grades, awards, and teacher recommendations;
- be interested in the topic of Social Entrepreneurship;
- demonstrate commitment to community and extracurricular university activities;
- demonstrate strong leadership qualities and potential in their university and community activities;
- have at least one semester left of their undergraduate studies, and therefore be committed to return to their home universities following completion of the program;
- indicate a serious interest in learning about the United States;
- have little or no prior study or travel experience in the United States or elsewhere outside of their home country;
- be mature, responsible, independent, confident, open-minded, tolerant, thoughtful, and inquisitive;
- be willing and able to fully participate in an intensive academic program, community service, and educational travel;
- be comfortable with campus life, prepared to share living accommodations, and able to make adjustments to cultural and social practices different from those of their home country.
How to apply?
Complete and submit your online application in English, through this online platform.
Questions about the program can be sent to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application deadline is Sunday, December 3, 2017 at midnight. No late applications will be accepted.
The full announcement and application form are on RecruiterBox: https://goo.gl/uZQoBM